Domicile in EU/EFTA
Insured persons have to participate in the costs of their medical treatment. For those staying temporarily in Switzerland (e.g. tourists) this cost participation is charged as a lump sum. Further, in case of in-patient hospital treatment a daily contribution has to be paid by them.
- The lump sum amounts to CHF 92.00 per 30 days for adults and CHF 33.00 for children up to the completed age of 18.
- The daily contribution to the costs of an in-patient hospital stay amounts to CHF 15.00 for persons over the age of 25.
- Normally, no cost participation is charged for maternity benefits.
The 30 day period for the calculation of the cost participation starts with the first day of treatment.
If the invoice is paid by the Gemeinsame Einrichtung KVG direct to the medical service provider (tiers payant), the cost participation will be charged to the insured person separately afterwards. In case of a reimbursement (tiers garant) to the insured person, the cost participation will be deducted from the amount due.
Reimbursement of costs
The invoicing by the medical service provider occurs according to the different Cantonal contracts and tariffs, either to the Gemeinsame Einrichtung KVG (tiers payant) or to the insured person (tiers garant).
To be able to deal with a reimbursement efficiently and free of charge, we need the original invoice, a copy of the claim certificate as well as the complete bank details of the insured person:
- IBAN (International Bank Account Number)
- BIC (Bank Identifier Code)
- Name und Adresse der Bank
- Kontoinhaber und Adresse